CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Goldfish

So Aidan won a goldfish at the fair last weekend. Now of course we had to go get a little desktop aquarium and another fish for my youngest. We got a fantail goldfish(Fishy) to go with the generic common goldfish.(MooJoo) Yes, that is what Aidan named his fish. This morning Fishy was dead. So Ammon flushed it and I had planned on going out to replace it before the kids noticed. Well, Aidan came running in saying, "Ryan's fish is gone!" I had to explain that it had died but we'd get a new one. So then he wants to see it....and I had to tell him that we flushed it. Then he started crying. I felt bad. So much for the classic TV sitcom plot of finding one just like it so they never know. So I replaced Fishy with a new pretty fantail. Ryan was thrilled. (no mourning there) He just started talking understandably, but there was no mistaking him...."It's NEMO!" So now we have Nemo and Moojoo. My kids are nuts.

0 comments: